CARE Program
  • Confidential Resources
  • Reporting Options
  • Meet the Staff
  • Brochures

Reporting Options

The decision to file a formal report or complaint about sexual violence and sexual assault is a personal choice. We are here to help you understand your options, and the resources available, whether you decide to report or not.

A confidential CARE Advocate can explain your options in detail and answer questions so you can make the decision that is right for you. Talking to the CARE Advocate does not constitute filing an official report about sexual violence. The details about your experience won't be shared with anyone without your permission. Confidential advocacy and consultations can be reached by calling our Advocates at 310-206-2465 or by emailing during normal business hours. CAPS can be reached 24 hours daily at 310 825-0768.

UCLA employees and faculty may also contact the Staff and Faculty Counseling Center at 310-794-0245 or contact the Academic Personnel office regarding their academic rights.

Here are reporting options for UCLA community members:

UC Police Department (UCPD)

UCPD is available if you wish to file a criminal complaint or request a protective order.

You can reach UCPD at (310) 825 – 1491, or in person at 601 Westwood Plaza.

Title IX Office

The Title IX Office is responsible for UCLA’s compliance with Title IX, including policies and procedures to prevent sexual harassment and sexual violence. The Title IX Office also takes reports of sexual harassment or sexual violence involving any member of the campus community. Click here to learn more about the Title IX Office.

You can reach the Title IX Office at (310) 206 – 3417, or in person at 2241 Murphy Hall.